Sunday 15 September 2013

Catching up...

It’s been sixteen weeks since I last posted and there's no real reason for this, other than the fact that I have lacked motivation and been working loads.

The biggest change that has occurred is that m'Julie is no longer m'Julie. By the end of May, I had realised that the spark that had been there between us was no longer there, and although I hope that we will remain friendly, there is no romance there. So I wrote her a letter, which was fitting as our relationship had started after she wrote a letter to me.

The downside to this was that as soon as my colleagues at the hospital found out that I was single, I then had numerous of them trying to set me up. Many of them seemed to think it odd that I was happy to be single and didn't need to be in a relationship at all times!

In June, the house became busier as Alec came home from Uni for the summer. However, because he couldn't fit everything into his car I had to drive up to Hull and back, a 450 mile round trip, to help him bring everything back.

He was quite lucky, because his brother has been working in Domino's whilst he's been at college, and managed to get Alec a job there as a delivery driver, so he has been earning all Summer. It will be strange when he goes back to Uni next week, the house being quieter, but I'm not looking forward to the 450 mile round trip again.

Drew has completed his programming course at college and is now looking for something that will utilise the skills that he has learnt over the last two years. In the meantime, he too is continuing to work at Domino's.

And me, I've been working at least one day per weekend most weekends and all bank holidays in the hospital to make sure that I can afford all the bills and have some spending money which means that I might actually be able to have a holiday next year.

I have also started the Staff Officer post in Aldershot and now commute every week for one day. The job is very different to my previous post, but it’s also challenging and interesting. It’s still early days and there is still a lot to learn, but I think that I will enjoy it.

And the last thing to say has been that, after all the talk about being happy to be single, I have now been asked out. And I thought that I would see where this goes. It's someone that I've known and worked with for the last twelve years, so I know that we get on.

Guess I'll just have to see what happens.

No comments: