Friday 2 January 2009

All over for another year

Well, that's it. Christmas and New Year done with for another year. Only 356 shopping days until Christmas.

As is usual at Christmas, the air of 'National Emergency' descended upon the country. Because the shops would not be open on Christmas Day (although most were open again on Boxing day), the Great British public began panic buying and hoarding and by 1200 on Christmas Eve, the local supermarket had sold out of bread and nearly all vegetables!

Christmas was not the most peaceful of affairs as there is a pub very close to where we live. Whilst I am all for people celebrating, some people will use any excuse to get legless. I did have a bit of a sense of humour failure when the pub had closed, but people were still out and about and shouting at 3am! This explains why I was not the most awake of people when Hannah woke me up at 7am.

Pressies were opened and that's when I realised that I'd made a big mistake. Having bought m'Julie an iTouch, she now out-gadgets me and I want one!

Boxing Day saw the arrival of my three kids and more pressie opening before we had an afternoon of board games, and I proved that when it comes to world conquest aka Risk, I can't be beaten!

The rest of the week was very relaxed and lazy, with Drew and myself playing Resistance 2 although I did have to take Maggie and Hannah 'girly shopping', even if m'Julie did oversee most of it whilst I drank coffee.

Midnight on the 31st saw us at home, seeing out what has been a pretty crap year as far as I'm concerned and wondering what this year will throw at us.

So, the kids are now back at their mother's and is less than a week before I go back to work, and therefore get back to normal. Whatever 'normal' is...

No comments: